If you haven't read our "Matched" blog post you should go read it! We have been matched with mama "A" who is expecting a baby in about one week!!
If you or someone you know has an excess supply of pumped milk we would love to talk with them about donating it to us to feed sweet baby!
We will most likely be traveling next week!!
We have had our flights gifted to us. Our plan is currently to drive back! So we will only need a rental car for 1 or 2 days now!
We requested that you pray with us about our travel. We needed to find a place to stay for about 2 weeks that wouldn't break the bank. We have been offered 1 night in a hotel close to the hospital and one week, maybe two, through RCI for $300/week. As long as there is a place available this is what we plan to do.
We will be spending two nights at least in a hotel. If you have hotel reward points that you would be interested in donating please let us know!
Our bags are packed and we are ready for a call about baby!
Our yard sale raised $1452.55! Our LuLaRoe fundraiser raised $930.50! Our auction raised $1846.00. You guys that means in less than a month we raised $4224.05! We have reached 61% of our ultimate goal of $30,000 (yes, God is good and it is lower than anticipated!). We still have a ways to go but are so thankful for everyone that has supported us so far. The remainder of our fees will be due once papers have been signed! I had said that we wouldn't be planning any new fundraisers at this time besides our current t-shirt campaign! However, I was contacted by a sweet owner of the Etsy shop ReBorn Furnishings about donating a percent of their profits to our family for two weeks starting May 1st.
1. ReBorn Furnishings
I was contacted by a sweet owner of the Etsy shop ReBorn Furnishings about donating a percent of their profits to our family for two weeks starting May 1st. This is a local family that has a heart for adoptive families and helping them bring their little ones home! We are so thankful that they chose to donate to us as their May Family.
Today is the last day to purchase a t-shirt through Bonfire!
3. 300 for $100
We have a page link that explains this more.
4. Puzzle Fundraiser
We still have puzzle pieces for sale. It is $20 to adopt a piece but you can adopt as many as you want. We also have a page link that describes this in more detail.
Ways you can help:
1. Prayer!! I have posted a list of prayer requests below.
2. We are still short some of the funds that will be due at birth.You can make a tax deductible donation through our AdoptTogether website or through our Youcaring website.
3. If you have unused gift cards for restaurants that you don't plan on using and would like to gift to us we would love to have them!
4. We would also appreciate and travel tips you have for traveling with baby gear and a newborn. We will more than likely fly so that we can get there quick!
Prayer requests over the coming month:
1. Pray for mama "A" to have a peace about her decision. Pray for her heart.
2. Pray for God to guide us as we start to build a relationship with mama "A"
3. Please start praying now for our ICPC process. That it would go smooth and be quick so that we would be able to head home. We are specifically praying that we are home by Mother's Day
4. Pray for peace for us over the coming 2 weeks! As exciting as this is, there is also some anxiety with it.
5. Pray that God would work out our travel details!
6. Pray that God would continue to protect mama "A" and the sweet baby she is carrying.